Tuesday, March 17, 2009

i love a God thing. you know, when things just seem to seamlessly fall into place and it isn't usually until it's all played out that you sit back and realize there was nothing random in what just happened.
that's when you stop and say, "wow! what a God thing!" my friend, kitty and i say that ALL the time. especially when we go to camp up in alabama with the youth group ... there, a God thing is always going on.... my sweet little buddy, jennifer and i then switch from saying, 'it's a God thing" to "unbelieveable!!" but we s t r e t c h it out so it sounds like this ..."un bee lee vabble" and then we giggle and shake our heads, incredibly enjoying the greatness of God.





i'm sure you have God things happening to you every day, the trick is to catch him doing it and then squealing with delight or sitting back with your jaw open in amazement. i think He probably enjoys both. well, my latest God thing had to do with my sister and her new dog. there's been a terrible bug this season and both my sis and her husband were bit bad. poor keithums ended up with double pneumonia (same bug that bit mom) and ani had something darn near to it. it was so bad even their dog was sick. but poor pickens, their beagle, had more going on than the cold and it ended up he was in worse shape than they knew.


in the meantime, unbeknownst to us the sad state of affairs that ole pickens was in, some friends of ours informed us that they knew someone who knew someone that was trying to get rid of a dog. a beagle no less. my wheels started turning and i thought if my sister likes one beagle, i'm sure she'd like two. the throw away beagle in question was a little girl about

a year and a half and her owner, a hunter. was going to take her to the pound because she did not like to hunt. i think she was very upset at the fact that she was a beagle and was expected to hunt. sitting in the truck seemed just fine to her. the deal was set, this big guy came in his big

truck to our house and dropped her off. no, she wasn't housebroken and she was heart worm positive but besides that she was a good dog he said.



i called my sister, she said, "bring her right over." ani had jenny (whom she renamed queenie) for about a week when they got the news that pickens would have to be put down. for anyone who is a pet lover, we all know the heartache of that decision. ... a week! are you getting the timing here? are you beginning to see the picture? yep, that's right... man, was that a God Thing or what?

1 comment:

ana said...

It was a God Thing! We are so blessed! The little one was just what we needed! We all miss Pickens and his little sister does too! God also blessed me with the most wonderful and caring sister in the universe. A fabulous mother and daughter. Not to mention an unbelievable brother in law. We are so grateful.
God Things are happening everywhere, not coincidence but a God Thing.
Got to go, I think Queenie got into my hand lotion. LOL
I love you sister,
Ani

About Me

My photo
I was born in cuba and came to america when l was 3. I married my college sweetheart and we have two oh so beautiful and very different girls [arden (biggums) who is 21, tall and majestically fierce and addison (little) who, to her delight, is finally 18 with hazel eyes and a smile that will melt your heart]. my motto is to live simply and love abundantly.
sometimes I sits and think, sometimes I sits and write, and sometimes I just sits...

just stories from my life...