Saturday, April 4, 2009

my sister had a picnic today. she gathered as many girlfriends as she could find that came from cuba on the "pedro pan flights." i think she was able to get them all. they haven't seen each other since they were thirteen and they are all now in their sixties. i want to write about it later when i can let it sink in. just know it was amazing. one of her friends gave me two pictures that i had never seen.


the picture is grainy and out of focus but i just stared at it. my sister and all her friends have memories of cuba. i have none. she had all these friends. i couldn't remember if i had any friends. until now. and i guess i did. i can't even tell you how that made me feel.

written on the back:
19 Abril 1962
Mariflor Gonzalez
Marisela Hernandez
Ismarita Hernandez

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I was born in cuba and came to america when l was 3. I married my college sweetheart and we have two oh so beautiful and very different girls [arden (biggums) who is 21, tall and majestically fierce and addison (little) who, to her delight, is finally 18 with hazel eyes and a smile that will melt your heart]. my motto is to live simply and love abundantly.
sometimes I sits and think, sometimes I sits and write, and sometimes I just sits...

just stories from my life...